Impian Emas Negara to treat Malaysians to FREE Baskin-Robbins ice-cream should Malaysia bring home a gold medal
Petaling Jaya, 2 August – It’s certainly a national affair when it comes to Malaysia winning its first gold medal, with Media Prima Berhad’s “Dreams of Gold” initiative, “Impian Emas Negara” announcing a special treat for all Malaysians should the country realise this long-time dream. If Malaysia wins its first-ever gold medal, the much-loved ice-cream brand Baskin-Robbins will help Impian Emas Negara give out FREE ice cream nationwide!
The FREE ice-cream will be available on Wednesday, 8 August 2012 at all 61 Baskin-Robbins outlets nationwide (excluding two kiosks at Pantai Hospital, Bangsar and Genting Theme Park) from 8.00pm till 10.00 p.m., where every single Malaysian will be entitled to one scoop of ice cream.
“It is Media Prima’s intention to unite Malaysians in one voice to cheer on our Olympic heroes. We are very proud of them and we all hope for them to do their very best. If Malaysia does get its very first Olympic gold, what better way to celebrate than for ALL Malaysians to be treated to free ice cream! And not just any ice cream, but one of the best tasting ice cream in the world.” said En. Ahmad Izham Omar, Chief Operating Officer, TV Networks & Chief Executive Officer of Primeworks Studios, Media Prima Berhad.
“We are happy to share the same vision as Baskin-Robbins and we would like to thank them for their great partnership in this initiative under Impian Emas Negara. This is a reward for all Malaysians who have given their full support to the Malaysian Contingent in London in their own ways and we hope that this initiative will further inspire the nation,” Izham added.
This is also the first time Baskin-Robbins has been part of a mass ice-cream giveaway in Malaysia to commemorate such a historic moment in this country.
According to Mr. Cheah See Yeong, President of Golden Scoop Sdn Bhd, Baskin-Robbins’ partner in Malaysia, “We want the happiness to continue beyond that night. Early birds who turn up at our event will not only get a free scoop, but also exclusive vouchers offering the sweetest deals.“
“This will be one of our largest giveaways to date as it involves nearly all Baskin-Robbins restaurants across Malaysia. Customers may choose from any of our 31 flavors available in stores. I think the best picks that symbolize this momentous event are our Gold Medal Ribbon and World Class Chocolate.” said Mr. Cheah.
“We want all Malaysians to enjoy this sweet success and the best way to share this significant moment together is through a scoop of Malaysia’s favourite Baskin-Robbins ice-cream. This is a joyful occasion and we want each and every Malaysian to celebrate!” Cheah added.
Amongst the other activities under Impian Emas Negara was the launch of the “Chief Official Correspondent” contest, where three lucky winners were sent to witness the events in London. These winners (a mother and child team), were selected from a pool of participants who submitted a 30-second video on why they should be chosen as the Chief Official Correspondent.
The winners were given tasks as real broadcast journalists with full equipment to update on the latest happenings to Malaysians through the official website of Impian Emas Negara at www.impianemasnegara.com.my as well as other social network platforms. Amongst the sporting events that will be attended by these winners are – badminton, diving, table tennis, boxing, swimming, and volleyball.
Apart from the three winners, Media Prima also sent celebrity mom, Aishah Sinclair, to London to attend and cover a “Buka Puasa” event with the Malaysian athletes and their moms.
Meanwhile, a variety of TV programmes, documentaries, and special highlights have started to air across all Media Prima TV networks (ntv7, 8TV, TV3 and TV9) to coincide with the Olympics since July. Updates and stories on the games, athletes as well as medal standings are covered through a wide range of news editions including 7 Edition, Edisi 7, Mandarin 7, 8TV Mandarin News, 8TV Midday Mandarin News, Buletin Utama (TV3), and Berita TV9.
Be sure to also catch these special programmes throughout the Olympics:
- Golden Dream (Mon – Sun, 9.25pm – 9.30pm, ntv7) - a condensed 5-minute news package presented by ntv7’s news team on the latest updates from the games.
- Gold Rush (Mon – Sun, 10am & 7.30pm, ntv7) – a 1-minute filler on London 2012 Olympics which will air twice a day on ntv7.
- Spirit of London (Sundays, 8.30pm – 9.30pm, ntv7) – a weekly documentary that covers developments and preparations for the Games. The 10-episode series will also feature stories on the various sports that will be competed in London including the background history, rules, and information about the athletes.
- Host City London (Thursdays, 7.30pm – 8.00pm, ntv7) – a programme that studies a range of areas involved in hosting the Games while celebrating the London life and showcasing the cultural exploits of the city.
- Inazuma Eleven Season 2 (Saturdays, 10.30am – 11.00am, ntv7) – an animation series for kids which highlights on sports.
- Let’s Go! Dream Team(Saturdays, 1.00pm – 2.00pm, 8TV) – a unique entertainment programme show featuring celebrities participating in fun and challenging sports games and activities.
- Kung Fu Dunk (Saturday, 4 August, 8.30pm – 10.30pm, 8TV) – hit movie starring Jay Chou, Eric Tsang, Charlene Choi, and Bolin Chen.
For more information on the FREE Baskin-Robbins ice-cream by Impian Emas Negara, log onto www.impianemasnegara.com.my or www.baskinrobbins.com.my.
The Impian Emas Negara initiative was launched in May. This initiative upholds the nation’s hope in achieving Malaysia’s first gold medal, while inspiring Malaysians to lend their strong support to the Malaysian Contingent.